[FOOD • 4 • THOUGHT]

"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."

-Groucho Marx

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

*Bom•Chick•A•Wah•Wah* - Summer Trends of 2010 & My Thoughts On Em. VOLUME II

I'm finally back to go over the rest of the 2010 Summer Trends as I see them. I'm sorry it took me so long to continue from my previous blog post, but sometimes life has a way of sneaking in a few extra distractions. Needless to say, I'm back, and more opinionated then ever...so, where did I leave off?! Oh yeah...

• Trend #6: Jumpsuits & Rompers
ONE PIECE FASHION IS BACK & while it is a CUTE alternative to shorts and pants...this style may not be for everyone. It definitely takes a certain amount confidence to pull off this edgy look, but give it a try and decide for yourself. Jumpsuits and Rompers are not new to the fashion scene, but designers have gone out of the way to give us a new take on comfortable glamour. Ranging from business casual to elegantly edgy; rompers and jumpsuit come in a range of the lengths, colors, and cuts...easily catering to the tastes of everyone. The question is...DO YOU DARE?!




• Trend #7: Torn & Ripped Denim Jeans
Mmmm...YES, I love me some ripped denim lol. Ripped denim was GINORMOUS in the days of the 90s rock movement and reappeared in the early spring of 2008...but now 2010 is ready to continue and embrace this fun trend. Not much has changed in the look of the style, but the difference between ripped now and ripped then is the consumer. Ripped, torn and shredded denim is now embraced by many...not just the rock scene.



• Trend #8: See Through Tops & Dresses
Chiffon, sheer fabric Tops and dresses are major on the fashion radar! Again, this style is not new to the fashion scene, but provides the barely there, light as a feather day or night time wear that we all look forward to in the excruciating heat of the summer. The key to this lovely trend, is to keep it classy and elegant!! ♥



• Trend #9: Knee High/Thigh High Socks
I'm sure you're thinking, "SOCKS AS A FASHION TREND?!," and if you're not well...I did! As I've had time to analyze what I once thought was a stupid trend for the summer...it makes sense to have a trend of knee high/thigh high socks in the same year as the blow out trend of the knee high/thigh high boots. The best thing about this quarky trend, is that they are multi-seasonal so feel free to take your time to ease into them. They can be worn with shorts, dresses, and rompers and be paired with tennis shoes, ankle boots and heels. This trend is not for the faint of heart, so the key to this fun trend is CONFIDENCE...CONFIDENCE IS KEY!! :)



• Trend #10: Swimwear - Single Shoulder Bikinis/Monokinis & Cut Out Bikinis

Single Shoulder Bikinis and Monokinis - Just as the single shoulder tops and dresses made their way onto the fashion scene full time...Single Should Bikinis are now running with the trend to make a splash of their own.




Cut Out Bikinis - A trend for the adventurous...Cut Out Bikinis are also taking the torch of the cut out shirts and dresses of 2009. My personal fav of 2010!!




As enjoyable as going over the latest fashion is, I am exhausted! Please be aware that I am not a fashion expert and the above selection is my opinion and my opinion only...If you have any input please feel free to share with me. I hope this blog post finds you blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Counters

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online