[FOOD • 4 • THOUGHT]

"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."

-Groucho Marx

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

[Untitled]

Grrr....Im stuck at home again on this frantically windy night, listening to my ipod and reading over old poems again. There is nothing I love more then spending time reflecting over life...and the thing that inspires my wonderings the most is listening to music and writing down my feelings. Im not terribly good at song writing, but I am pretty good at voicing my feelings (past & present) through poetry!! Below is a poem that I have written and love, but cant quite find the right title for. Feel free to read and give me your suggestions. I'd be honored!!!






[Untitled]


Yes, I thought I must forsake life
And just turn myself into stone;
The desert wind fully suited me:
No heart, no soul; just bone.

Yes, I thought it would be foolish to attempt
To yearn for something again;
Yearning turns to need, and then
transfigures into pain.

I laughed at people falling in love
at those who believed in someone's word;
To make my happiness depend
On faith seemed quite absurd.


I lay alone and meditate
Sleeplessly in my bed,
So numb, so dumb, so icy, and cold,
Not realizing I was dead

And then you arrived and glistened
My life overflowing with snow
And saw the Spring of new life only love
Could appreciate and grow;


You made me feel so dazzling
I stripped off my cold, grey skin,
And opened the doors of my heart to you,
And, fearfully, let you in.

So now, my treasure, I am in love,
With everything that I've been through.
I know the ugliest of all the world,
And...above all, I believe in you.
Meisha Dwight

Dedicated to you...


Meisha Dwight © 2009




I hope you enjoyed stopping by and discovering more about who I am and what I love. Have a blessed night darlings. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Counters

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online