[FOOD • 4 • THOUGHT]

"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."

-Groucho Marx

Thursday, June 10, 2010

One Person ((YOU)) Can Make A Difference

I've been thinking a lot about life lately. A good friend of mine recently passed away and his passing has put a lot of things into perspective. Some say that life is like a marathon...but I beg to differ. Life is so much more challenging, to me, then just some marathon. Marathons are infinitesimally easier to navigate and complete. In a marathon the racers all line up at equal distance, they race for 5/6 miles or so, and can see the finish line within a couple hours and all the while, the racers have crowds of adoring fans cheering them to completion. Life's race on the other had is quite different..you never really know where or when the finish line will appear. Life isn't fair and we all don't start at the same points and though life may be harder then just a fair weather marathon, it is still so worth the race. We were given life to live abundantly and the unknowns in this life race we run, provides for more excitement and a reason to strive to uncover and fulfill that which we dream. Not seeing the finish line of life gives us the reason to dream, to close our eyes and imagine the possibilities. You see, though life is harder then a mere marathon...we are not governed by a set path, we have the ability to choose or own paths.


God, with his love and longing for us to succeed, gave us the Bible, full of many GREAT, blessed and anointed people that have run and completed their life's race. Many that have given us a good model on how to go about life's challenges. And one of my favorites is NOAH!! Noah's life is a perfect example for the fact that one person's life CAN make a difference for many!


Noah, the Bible says, lived to be 950 years old...which is one heck of an accomplishment, but it's absolutely nothing to the way he lived his life. His uprightness and love for God saved our humanity from certain extinction!!! The Bible, in Genesis, breaks down the condition of humanity and the actions Noah took to save the people from complete destruction.
5 The LORD saw how great man's wickedness on the earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time. 6 The LORD was grieved that he had made man on the earth, and his heart was filled with pain. 7 So the LORD said, "I will wipe mankind, whom I have created, from the face of the earth—men and animals, and creatures that move along the ground, and birds of the air—for I am grieved that I have made them." 8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD.

9 This is the account of Noah.
Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked with God....
•Genesis 6:5-9•

The rest of Genesis 6 gives an account of Noah and his family and how his life affected theirs. I encourage you to read the rest!!



I am blessed to know that our lives, too, can make a difference. We can make a difference for our families by living lives of integrity and obedience to God making good examples and role models, for our surroundings by taking extra steps to make the places around us better then they were before we came, for our future generations by passing on the positive knowledge we have to others, and for God by being ready to take on the tasks he entrusts to us. YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE...any time, any place, at any age. It's up to you! Are you willing to be the difference you want to see in this world?



My Prayer

Father, please help my family and friends to embrace the power you've given us individually. Give them the will and the endurance to run the life race set in front of them and the power to follow through with the tasks at hand. Thank you for this day Lord, and for any of the day to follow.
Amen


Yawn...exhausted again, but blessed to see another day!! I hope this post find you blessed as well, loves. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Counters

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online