[FOOD • 4 • THOUGHT]

"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."

-Groucho Marx

Friday, June 11, 2010

If I Never...Know This

Im here at home (opting to spend another night in rather then go out) and I decided that maybe it's time I share another passion of mine with you!! POETRY!! Being that I love music with ever fiber of my being, poetry (the lyrical quality of music) is also something that rests deep in my soul. Below is a poem that I wrote a couple years back...2008 to be exact...and I hope you enjoy reading it as much as i enjoyed writing it.




If I Never...Know This

If I never again feel the rain trickle on my face in the spring
Or hear the sweet hum of the breeze through the trees
If I never again see the rays of sunlight reach for the earth thru the clouds
Or walk the soft land beneath my feet


Know this:
You awakened my life to the joys of knowing the difference of loving & being in love.
You gave me the hope of a future bright and luminous.
You smiled at me and melted the walls of my icy concerns.
You are my best friend and the man I love.

If I never again laugh at the great humors in life
Or cry for those things that could never be explained
If I never again see the sunrise awaken the horizon to my eyes
Or watch that same sun say good night to that which it warms


Know this:
I remember the first day you looked into my eyes and saw my soul.
I feel your arms around me and utterly protected even though you aren't always there.
I whisper your name in my sleep cause my mind is constantly on you.
I see you for the man you are today and the man you will be in the future.


If I never again get to sing of the blessings that God has bestowed
Or dance to the rhythm of a life ever changing
If I never again get the chance to see your smiling face
Or watch the way you effortless live, love, and learn


Know this:
One day soon we'll fly away
One day nothing but the love we have will matter
One day we will look back at our lives together and smile. Just smile

And in closing, if one day never comes…
I will always and forever know you as my love
Always and forever

Meisha Dwight © 2008



Thanks for stopping by and spending another moment with me and my thoughts about the past, present and future. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Counters

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online