[FOOD • 4 • THOUGHT]

"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."

-Groucho Marx

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

What Lies Within Us



Ralph Waldo Emerson once said, “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

How amazingly insightful Emerson was with this simple and to the point statement. His words, for me, ring so true to the soul and yet I feel that on a daily basis, we as a society forget that the past and the present aren't what defines us, but rather, it's what we learn from the past and the present and how we allow them to reflect in us that truly makes us who we are. I know that my past has been darker then a moonless night and I know that my future is brighter than the sun.....but my soul is God's making....forged in fire and soften with grace and I refuse to let past or future trials define my existence. I am more then a conqueror, I am a woman after God's own heart, a child created ONLY in the image of my Gracious Father....Forgiven and Saved. So the past is the past and the future is the future, but throughout all my journeys I am and ALWAYS WILL BE an heir to the highest kingdom.



Have a blessed and wonderful day...and remember that YOU decide who you are, not your circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Counters

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online