[FOOD • 4 • THOUGHT]

"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."

-Groucho Marx

Friday, May 28, 2010

*Bom•Chick•A•Wah•Wah* - Summer Trends of 2010 & My Thoughts On Em. VOLUME I

Aaaaah...the warm weather is FINALLY here and with warm weather comes NEW fashion trends to spark the runway and enrich the dull colors of our winter wardrobes. Today I'm gonna share some of the fashion trends this spring and summer are offering && THERE'S A TWIST...My commentary on each of them lol (the good, the bad & the oh so ugly). Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE to express my OPINIONS haha...READY?!...Lets Gooooo!!

• TREND #1: HEAVY GEOMETRIC & ANIMAL PRINTS

Everything from dresses, rompers and sweaters to fitted pants and leggings are coming in bold and edgy geometric patterns and animal prints. Stripe patterns are still definitely in, but not in their usual horizontal and vertical form. Stripes are taking on more of an optical illusion look, twisted and stacked on top of each other. Heavy printed geometric and animal leggings are going to be muy caliente for summer!

• TREND #2: FEATHERS

Feathers Feathers Feathers!!! Feathered dresses, skirts and earrings are about to turn the volume all the way up this summer. As expected, the summer will bring out the skin, so be ready to see feathers mostly in the mini...mini skirts and dresses. Most of the feather you'll see will come in neutral tones, so if it's a skirt your wearing, maybe pair it up with a neutral colored top and try to keep it simple.


• TREND #3: NEUTRAL COLORS

Neutral colors are ones which coordinate well with most other colors (beige, browns, black, greys and white). They create an earthy and wonderful elegant barely there look. Neutral colors are no stranger to being in the latest fashion trends they have been quite popular for the last decade...Classic!!

• TREND #4: SHORT SHORTS

WHO LOVES SHORT SHORTS?! (remember that old Nair commercial hahahaha). Anyway...boy shorts and hot pants (that's what my mama calls all shorts lol) are making this summer all about them legs baby!!! Shorts have and always will be fun fun fun...You can pair them with stilettos for a sexy chic look, with knee high socks for the school girl look, or just rock em with simple flip flops, flats or tennis shoe for that casual and pulled together look. THE SKY'S THE LIMIT!! But a word of advice, too short is NO BUENO. There's a fine line between looking sexy and leaving little to the imagination.


• TREND #5: BLAZERS & VESTS

Blazers and vests are still rockin the runway, but now they're paired with skirts, leggings, and shorts. And watch out cause BIG SHOULDERS are coming back with a vengeance...the 80s are now officially back and bigger then ever. Blazers and vests should be accessorized with feminine, girly and frilly things to tone down the masculinity, so having fun playing with the style.


Man-O-Man, there are so many more FANTASTIC TRENDS for Summer 2010, but I'm half starved and about to make dinner. Look out for my blog tomorrow, *Bom•Chick•A•Wah•Wah* - Summer Trends of 2010 & My Thoughts On Em. VOLUME II, where I'll continue to break down the hottest trends of the season. Hope you enjoyed Lovies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Counters

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online