[FOOD • 4 • THOUGHT]

"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."

-Groucho Marx

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Let's Fall In Love

Hello Lovies...poetry is the topic tonight. Below is a small poem I penned about a year ago. I don't have much to relay tonight, so....enjoy.



Let's Fall In Love

"Did he speak?" my mind is contemplating
Or is the quick tilt of your mouth just a tease of what I long for?
That glance, the way you gaze fixedly
Alone, I hold my arms in the air twirling in turns of merriment
The resonating voice in this mind yearns to be spoken aloud from my mouth
...Let's fall in love

Walking, with no real destination, forward...I pause
Legs locked up with stiffness and I discern it is you that I've encountered
Eyes collide from across the way
Head bowed in embarrassment as crimson heat spreads across my face
Unhurried I stroll towards you the seemingly figment of my imagination


"Can you speak?" I question of myself
Upon arrival to this destination I stare in admiration
Hand stretched to capture mine, I hear a symphony of words distantly
Cautiously my hand gravitates to yours and a new time is the present
No names yet exchanged, but more importantly expelled is this...
...Let's fall in love

Meisha Dwight © 2009


Have a blessed night loves and thanks for takin the time to stop in a listen. MUAH
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Counters

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online