[FOOD • 4 • THOUGHT]

"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."

-Groucho Marx

Friday, August 13, 2010

The Music Of My Soul...

"Music isn't just learning notes and playing them, You learn notes to play to the music of your soul"



"Music is my refuge"



"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."



As all of you who regularly read my blog know, I am enamoured by music. Music flows through my like my life's blood...it sustains my hearts voice...it makes the colors of life brighter. So, because of this love I have for music I've decided to share with you some of the songs that never cease to speak to my life at every moment.

ENJOY :)


Song #1 - I Am Blessed by Rachel Lampa

"I am blessed,I am blessed,From when I rise up in the morning,'Till I lay my head to rest and I feel you near me, you sooth me when I'm weary."

"You've given me joy. You've given me love. You give me strength when I want to give up. You came from heaven to rescue my soul. You are the reason I know...I know."





Song #2 Wings of Forgiveness - India Arie

"Had to go across the water just to find what was here in my heart all along. Spend so much time trying to be right that I was dead wrong."

"I've searched for romance, flowers and affection & what I found is a lesson of what love really is. Found the game of love is not about how much you can take,in fact authentic love is about how much you can give."





Song #3 - I Turn To You - Christina Aguilera

"When I lose the will to win, I just reach for you and I can reach the sky again. I can do anything cause your love is so amazing, cause your love inspires me."

"When my world is going crazy you can turn it all around. And when I'm down you're there pushing me to the top. You're always there giving me all you've got"





Song #4 What A Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong

"I see skies of blue, and clouds of white, the bright blessed day, dark sacred night. And I think to myself, What a wonderful world."

"The colors of the rainbow, so pretty in the sky are also on the faces of people going by."





Song #5 Till I Collapse - Eminem

"Cause sometimes you feel tired, feel weak, and when you feel weak, you feel like you wanna just give up. But you gotta search within you, you gotta find that inner strength and just pull that s**t out of you and get that motivation to not give up
and not be a quitter, no matter how bad you wanna just fall flat on your face and collapse"

"I will not fall, I will stand tall, feels like no one could beat me."





Song #6 It's My Life - Bon Jovi

"It's my life. It's now or never. I ain't gonna live forever. I just want to live while I'm alive."

"Better stand tall when they're calling you out. Don't bend, don't break, baby, don't back down."





Song #7 Reflections - Christina Aguilera

"Who is that girl I see, staring straight back at me? When will my reflection show who I am inside?"

"There's a heart that must be free to fly. That burns with a need to know the reason why."





Song #8 Can't Take That Away - Mariah Carey

"But I refuse to falter in what I believe or lose faith in my dreams."

"Cause there's, There's a light in me that shines brightly, They can try, but they can't take that away from me."






Song #9 Imagine - John Lenon performed by David Archuleta

"You may say Im a dreamer, but Im not the only one. I hope someday you will join us and the world will be as one."

"Imagine all the people living for today..."





Song #10 His Eye Is On The Sparrow - Lauryn Hill & Tanya Blount

Why should I feel discouraged? Why should the shadows come? Why should my heart feel lonely and long for heaven and home? When Jesus is my portion, a constant friend is he. His eye is on the sparrow and I know he watches over me."

"I sing because Im happy. I sing because I'm free."





These are just a few of the songs that really speak to my heart and seem to be right for me at all moments of my life...I might do a followup post later. I hope you enjoyed the songs, I have a very eclectic taste in music. Thanks for stopping by again loves...Have a blessed night

2 comments:

  1. normnsimpson@hotmail.comAugust 14, 2010 at 2:32 AM

    Thanks for sharing. I noticed most of your selections have some deep meanings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they do!!! Each and every song I posted brings speaks to a strong emotion I feel. Thanks for taking the time to listen!

    ReplyDelete

Free Counters

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online