[FOOD • 4 • THOUGHT]

"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."

-Groucho Marx

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Love's Struggle

Hello loves!!! I decided it was about time that I shared another one of my poems with you all. This poem was written a long long time ago and is full of rugged and furious emotion. I love reflecting on old thoughts through poetry. Soooo...have a read and let me know what you think.



Love's Struggle

the past rips through my mind
leaving me blind to this pure love in front of my eyes.
head hurting I lash out continuously
seeing my future fade into the night, this night.

she talks to me telling me I'm losing him
my life grim with the probability of destroying we
contemplating all these words her words
the voice fades into silence as I type my minds reality

he's gone now, taking his light
I'm stupid right? and now its clear that my cheer dies
the lamp on the desk turns on and I wonder
the choices are two...stay and lose...or go, go and find him

tomorrow promises only some
it will be done and then home, proven or unhappily failed
I feel bolted to this spot by my pride
determination seeming unheard to my stubborn mind

arm over my forehead rest
my hand tests the fabric of my pillow frantically
he's back....his choice to make are two
to finish this he started or rip apart the chance with you

my eyes, they close heavy laden
aggravated I sit up frustrated on fetching my love
and then with one word.
he decidedly broke all, making the choice.

my anger boils over to tears
angst sears through my body. I leave...stupid stupid man
why did you decided so rashly
songs play my emotions into torment as a sit to listen

inevitably I must return
no concern seems to plague his mind, over it must be
Sauntering forward I stop
the handle, cold in hand I turn, open, release....and step in



Meisha Dwight ©

I hope you have a blessed night loves!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Counters

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online