[FOOD • 4 • THOUGHT]

"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."

-Groucho Marx

Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Light Will Guide You Home





The only word I think to describe my life thus far is WOW!!! lol. Usually my brain thoughts come in a more poetic form of jargon like marvelous, agonizing, prodigious, impoverished, stunning , solemn and dazzling...but there's something in those three letters that leaves far more space to add all those poetic exclamations and more to a life that can never truly be described in words. Does that make sense? Anywho, maybe one day, when know each other better, you and I can sit down and take the time to divulge our lives to one another...ups and downs, successes and failures, the good - the bad - and the ugly haha...but for now I'll start by sharing this small but significant thought. A thought that is the basis of who and what I was, am, and will be....and that my friend is the LOVE and MERCY of GOD.



As I'm sure you have gathered from my previous posts, the Lord has blessed me with an incredible love for all things that encompass music and poetry. YES YES YES lol...and my mind and soul cant help but see life applications mirrored in music or poetry. So, let me begin forming my thought. On my way home from picking up my mother from work (side note: I have the best mother a girl could ever possibly ask for, she is my inspiration, mentor, and best friend) a favorite song of mine started playing on my ipod. What was the song, you ask? Well, it was none other then COLDPLAY'S "FIX YOU." Now...let me give you a chance to listen to this amazing song before I continue...the lyrics are included in the video...ENJOY!!







IS THAT NOT AN AMAZINGLY HOPEFUL AND UPLIFTING SONG?!!!!
Now to my point: the LOVE and MERCY of GOD (my life's foundation)

The reason I love this song and am using it to describe my point, is that I feel this song speaks to the very relationship we have with our Lord.

The first, second, third and fourth verses,


When you try your best, but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse


And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?


Tears stream down on your face
When you lose something you cannot replace
Tears stream down on your face
And on your face I...


Tears stream down on your face
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes
Tears stream down on your face
And on your face I...



mirror some of the things we face in our daily lives...failures, things we want but don't need, being exhausted and plagued with insomnia, sorrow, loss, heartbreak and all the emotions that come along with those experiences. Yes, we have all faced or will face some of these thing in life and we may feel like things may never get better ((but they do, they always do))...It's not a bad thing to have faced those experiences because they are the things that continue to make us stronger, the things that prepare us for what's to come.



and then there's the Hook,


Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you


This to me is ALMOST the epitome of God's love and mercy for us. No matter how far we go from the Lord, no matter how devastating a circumstance, no matter the cost, God will always welcome us home, take us in his arms, and fix us; as shown in the Parable of the Lost Son. Now, the reason I said this hook is ALMOST the epitome of God's relationship with us is found in the word TRY....there is nothing in this world that GOD cannot do, so the word, "try", limits his might and there is are NO limitations to God love for us John 3:16.




It's amazing how you can find parallels to life in almost everything...and I am blessed to have found such an amazing parallel in Coldplay's "Fix You"!!! I hope my sharing this small thought has brought you as much joy and blessings as it has me. I pray this post finds you well lovie.
xoxo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Counters

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online