[FOOD • 4 • THOUGHT]

"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."

-Groucho Marx

Thursday, July 8, 2010

I CHOOSE LOVE

In the midst of life we find ourselves having EXTREME emotions for almost every occasion.



It is in these moments that we find ourselves with the ability to chose how to react to the twist and turns our life's journey provides.



Have you ever caught yourself saying or thinking, at one point in time, that you HATE something or someone? I know that I have definitely been guilty of saying that in my heart and from my mouth. But, as a woman of God I have also felt the heavy weight and burden of carrying that feeling...the feeling of hating someone or something that God created and that God loves.




In Proverbs 10:12 God tells us that hatred stirs up strife and chaos and goes on to tell us in 1 John 2:9 that if we say that we are walking in the light of righteousness, but still have hate in our hearts that we are merely walking in the dark.



I have found in my walk with God, that hate actually gets you no where. In fact, it hinders you from the blessings and the future that God has set for you. God is love and in order to truly be aligned with him we must also be love.




SO I CHOOSE LOVE......No occasion justifies hatred; no injustice warrants bitterness. I choose love. Today and forever I am making the conscious decision to love that which God loves. It starts with today.



I appreciate greatly all those who take the time to read my blog and share in my thoughts. I hope you have a blessed night. xoxo ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Counters

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online