[FOOD • 4 • THOUGHT]

"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."

-Groucho Marx

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

INSOMNIA: Dreaming Wide Awake

Here I am again, in the same predicament I find myself in every day or night or is it day? lol....plagued by INSOMNIA! My laptop informs me that it is now 4am...it's 4am and the prospect of a good nights sleep has disappeared with the simple pm abbreviation from yesterdays time. Yet I find that in the absence of sleep, am capable of obtaining that which my mother wishes me every night...SWEET DREAMS. You see, I dream wide awake.

I have suffered (for lack of a better word) from insomnia for longer then I can recall. My days fade in to nights and fade back again in to days with all but 2 to 3 hours to easy the transition. But my experiences of dreaming are, to me, EXTRAORDINARY. Suffering from insomnia has aloud me the pleasure of dreaming dreams and watching those dreams come true all at the same time...with no or little sleep enforced "TO BE CONTINUED" clauses to separate my dreams from the eventual realization of those dreams. ((shrugs)) Dreaming wide awake is like watching a hit TV series without the ANNOYING, but sometime refreshing, CLIMACTIC intermission of each individual show. It is a most thrilling experiance and yet at the same time entirely exhausting....Most definitely a gift and a curse. Does that make sense? What are your thoughts? In retrospect, you may be wondering, "Meme, what was the point of sharing this random...slightly entertaining...tid-bit about your insomnatic experiences with dreaming?" & THAT'S A GREAT QUESTION with an equally GREAT ANSWER!! The answer is....I'M AN INSOMNIAC. There is no point, other then the fact that I am wide awake at what is now 4:15am with no one to talk to ((outside of twitter...where I am limited to 140 characters to express myself...which to me is pure tomfoolery...but that is another rant that I will save, for perhaps, another blog post)).

I wish I could end this blog post with a poetic, "I bid you farewell, sleep beckons me," but in reality I'm bidding you farewell because I'm thirsty and the iced tea, that I'm am so DESPERATELY CRAVING, is in the refrigerator down stairs. ha ha. So goodnight/good morning to you, lovies. Be Blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Counters

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online