[FOOD • 4 • THOUGHT]

"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."

-Groucho Marx

Thursday, May 27, 2010

"THE HOURS WILL TAKE CARE OF THEMSELVES"

I was sitting on my couch earlier editing my blog and listening to my Pandora, when Karina Pasian came on and got me thinking. Thus, My song of the day, Karina Pasian - Slow Motion, has also inspired my thoughts for the moment




Slow Motion by Karina Pasian has to be one of my FAVORITE SONGS ever recorded, because it speaks to the very steps I feel I need to take before moving forward into a relationship with a man.


The verse,


"I know that you've been calling me. And I'm happy that we met. Don't think that I'm not interested...I'm just playing hard to get,"
really emphasizes the way I work a budding relationship. I love the butterflies I feel when I'm getting to know a man that has potential, but I'm also a very cautious woman because of past hurts. I don't show too much emotion at first or allow the man to feel my excitement out of habit & the judgement that I need to guard my heart until I'm certain that the man I'm interested in is worthy of getting to know my heart. Because of the my cautious demeanor...men sometimes think that maybe I'm not interested in them...that I'm playing hard to get. Sometimes they stay and sometimes they walk away.


The second verse,

"You seem to know just what you want and I like you confidence. Somethings a girl should never rush, cause if you do you hurt yourself,"

is almost a mimic synopsis of all my past relationship. You see, I'm a sucker for a man that has a great head on his shoulders, for a man that looks forward and marches on past all his obstacles without blinking an eye. I'm drawn like a magnet to man who knows who he is and what he stands for. GREAT QUALITIES right?! But I've learned in my lifetime that to every pro there is a con...that's just the way life works...and I tend to get so caught up in the obvious pros of a man, that I forget to assess the cons. When Karina sings about waiting, taking a breath and not rushing...it reminds me that it is worth putting in a little extra time to allow the euphoria of the butterflies, sunshine, and rainbows to wear off enough for you to take in the pros and cons of a person and see if you can live with the combination...thus you are to more likely avoid grievous hurt to your heart.


And then there's the Breakdown,


"I'm too young for tears in the night. And it's too soon for this to be right. Don't wanna mess with your pride, the question's not when it's why,"

which brings it all home for me. I deserve to be HAPPY, I deserve to have a man who compliments me, and yes I am absolutely to young to be crying over LOST TIME. Impulsive decisions by far have more consequences then decision made with a clear, calm, and steady mind set. Wanting something or someone isn't wrong, but sometimes the things we want aren't necessarily the things or people we need. For me, taking time gives me the ability to assess the desires of my heart and the needs of my life and see if the two coincide.


As for the hook and the bridge of this song, to me, I feel the two completely sum up the concepts I just wrote on. So with ALL that said lol, I hope you enjoy this song as much as I do...and if not, well the above contents will have at least explained why I enjoy it. *Be Blessed* xoxo.








P.S. "I recommend you take care of the minutes, for the hours will take care of themselves." - Lord Chesterfield...Just a lil extra food for thought. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Counters

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online